City of Little Rock Single-Stream Recycling Kicks off Monday
The new residential curbside recycling program starts week of April 2 for most Little Rock residents, with some areas starting week of April 9. Residents should reference the brochure they received in the mail for exact dates and pickup schedule, or visit our website at lrecycles.org.
When is my recycle pick-up?
- Your recycling is picked up every other week, the same day as your garbage collection.
Where is my recycle pick-up?
- Recycling pick-up will be in the same location your garbage is picked up. For example, if your trash is picked up in the alley, recycling will be picked up in the alley.
- Please allow for a minimum of 3 feet between the trash cart and recycling cart.
Should I bag my recycling?
- No, recyclables should go in the cart loose (not bagged).
- The exception is shredded paper, which should be placed in tied-off clear bags and then in the recycling cart.
- As a reminder, we will no longer be accepting plastic bags (i.e. grocery bags) in the new recycling program. Please return your plastic bags to Kroger, Walmart, or any participating plastic bag take back store.
What do I do with my old recycling bin?
- You may keep your old recycling bin for your personal use, or you may place it in the new 64-gallon cart to be recycled.
May I get a smaller garbage cart?
- Yes, if you find you no longer need the 96 gallon trash cart, you may trade it for a 60 gallon trash cart at no extra charge. Call 311 to arrange this service.
How do I earn points in the incentive program?
- With Recyclebank you earn points every time you recycle. Use those points for discounts and deals from your favorite local and national businesses. Join today by visiting recyclebank.com/wm
Visit LRecycles.org for more information.