Please pass this information on to your contacts. Thank you.
Mayor Mark Stodola.
Update from City Hall: Christmas Storm of 2012.
1. Entergy reports 57,500 in Little Rock still without power. Could be up to 7 days before restored 100%. Should see substantial improvement by Thursday night. Entergy has 1200-1400 repairmen to assist in restoring power, coming in from surrounding states. For real time updates go the Entergy website: Stormcenter.entergy.com.
2. Public Works has 70 employees working to salt streets and clear limbs and trees. Working 24/7 shifts. Call 311 to report downed trees and limbs. Garbage pick up began today at 11 am, running Tuesday and Wednesday routes. Citizens advised to leave bins out. Will continue to pick up though the weekend. Drivers given discretion to determine passable streets. Recycling by Waste Management to follow.
3. Police report all shifts running pretty close to normal. Cars have chains.
4. Fire department reports 7 structure fires due to either candles or fireplaces. Do not leave these unattended. 359 call outs as of 11am Thursday.
5. Warming Center and Overnight Shelter established at Dunbar Community Center located at 16th Street and Chester. Will be open for those in need, starting this afternoon. Equipped with cots, food, essentials etc. If transportation needed, please call 311 and we will pick up. Please check on your elderly friends and neighbors.
6. Weather Report: 40% chance of freezing rain in the early am hours on Friday. Increases to 70 % chance by Friday afternoon.
7. Airport is open and operational. Please contact airlines for updated information on delays and cancellations.
Thank you. For additional inquiries, please call 311.