- Building Code*
- The 2012 AR Fire Prevention Volume II with appendices C, D, E, and the 2012 revisions. (Based on the 2012 International Building Code)
The 2012 AR Fire Prevention Code Volume I with appendices B, C, D, E, F, G, K and the 2012
revisions. (Based on the 2012 International Fire Code)
Residential Building Code
The 2012 Arkansas Fire Prevention Code Volume III for one (1)
& two (2)-family dwellings with
the 2012 revisions. Appendices A-Q are NOT adopted by the State of Arkansas. (Based on the
Residential Building Code)
2009 - ICC/ANSI A117.1. Referenced by the 2012 International Building Code, Chapter 11.
Arkansas Energy Code Rules and Regulations for Energy Efficiency Standards, 2011 Edition,
based on 2009 International Energy Code, Chapter 5 or ASHRAE 90.1-2007. Arkansas
Supplements and Amendments: www.arkansasenergy.org/media/350379.
- Electrical Code
- The 2011 National Electrical Code and The Little Rock Code of Ordinances, Chapter 8, revised.
- Plumbing Code
- The 2006 Arkansas State Plumbing Code. (Based on the 2006 International Plumbing Code)
- Fuel Gas Code
- The 2006 Arkansas Fuel Gas Code with Appendices A, B, C, D and 2006 Revisions. (Based on the 2009 International Fuel Code)
Existing Building Code
- Mechanical Code
- The 2010 Arkansas Mechanical Code with Appendix A, B and 2010 Revisions. (Based on the 2009 International Mechanical Code.
- The 2012 International Existing Building Code with Appendices A & B and the 2006 revisions.
Property Maintenance Code
The 2012 International Property Maintenance Code and 2012 Revisions.
Structural Design: Chapter 16, 2012 International Building Code
- Seismic Zone
- IBC, Project Zone Classification 1; Site Class B; State of Arkansas Act 1100
Based on Risk Category, Chapter 16, Table 1604.5
Risk Category I: 105 MPH
Risk Category II: 115 MPH
Risk Category III & IV: 120 MPH
10 psf, Section 1608, Figure 1608.2
- Roof Live Load
- 20 psf, Section 1607, Table 1607.1
- Dead Loads
- Actual weights of materials.
- Concentrated Loads
- Section 1607
- Frost Line
- Twelve (12) inches
- Minimum size: eighteen (18) inches wide, twelve (12) inches deep, with nine (9) inches of concrete per Section 1805
- Must rest on undisturbed or a minimum 90% compacted soil of uniform density and thickness as per Section 1803.5
- Minimum slab thickness 3-1/2 inches, as per Section 1910