« Back to Media Releases
City of Little Rock Public Relations
Office (501) 371-4421
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE :
Friday, October 17, 2008
13th Annual Big Boo!-seum Bash is a Frightfully Ghoul Time!
LITTLE ROCK, ARK. (October 17, 2008) – It’s our lucky 13th year for Big Boo!-seum Bash, where kids can enjoy a safe and fun Halloween. On Friday, October 31, 2008 from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., members of the Little Rock Museum Consortium, sponsored by the Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau, are hosting this annual free event.
Big Boo!-seum Bash incorporates nine of Little Rock's museums into one giant story-telling, trick-or-treating, fun and games evening that is safe and accessible for children and their families. Visitors can drive to each location or catch a ride on a free shuttle bus at any of the participating locations.
This year’s Big Boo!-seum Bash locations are the Historic Arkansas Museum, Museum of Discovery, Central High School National Historic Site, Old State House Museum, The Clinton Presidential Library, EMOBA, MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History, the Little Rock Visitor Information Center at Historic Curran Hall and, new this year, the Mosaic Templars Cultural Center.
Activities will be different at each participating location, including:
· Visit the Haunted Army Encampment at MacArthur Park. A good scream will be had by all when you visit the ghostly army encampment behind the historic Arsenal Building. The ghosts of Confederate and Union soldiers have reawakened, just in time to share their haunting experiences with you. There will be plenty of chills and thrills for all as you walk through the haunted encampment.
· The Historic Arkansas Museum will have activities and crafts for children with some items they can take home. The outside courtyard will feature a fortune teller and pioneer games. Children will be able to knock on the doors of friendly and scary characters for trick-or-treating fun.
· At the Central High School National Historic Site the theme is: "The crazy '50s." Activities include the creation of monster magnets, fuzz-ball tigers, crazy masks, learn the '50s monster dance, hopscotch, hula-hoops, bean-bag toss, magic by Tre-Dini, and watch I Love Lucy episodes with 1957 footage in their new multimedia room!
· At the new Mosaic Templars Cultural Center, children will have the chance to enter their new classroom and join in on games, tricks, prizes, and crafts like the wheel of Templars Treasures as they try their luck to win prizes and crafts like Boo-seum Masks to create their character.
· Enter into “Bernie’s Basement” at the Museum of Discovery. See animals, treasures and artifacts, many dating back to Bernie Babcock’s time as the founder of the Museum of Discovery.
· The Old State House Museum’s is going to the movies…scary movies that is. See the thrills of some of your favorite scary movies set up on the front lawn of the Old State House.
· Take a trip to Oz as the characters of the children’s classic “Wizard of Oz” comes to life at the William J. Clinton Presidential Center and Park. This is the final year to see the Oz characters and the wonderful backdrops of the Emerald City and more!
Game cards will also be issued at each site. Visit five of the nine participating locations to qualify for a prize drawing collected from the participating museums or visit seven of the nine locations to qualify for the grand prize drawing.
For more information about Big Boo!-seum Bash, visit www.littlerock.com or call (501) 370-3222.