« Back to Media Releases
City of Little Rock Public Relations
Office (501) 371-4421
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE :
Friday, December 30, 2005
EIGHT VYING TO BE NEXT LR PARKS LEADER
Little Rock, AR (30 December 2005) After reviewing over 50 applications to be the next Director of Little Rock Parks and Recreation, City Manager Bruce Moore has narrowed the list of candidates down to eight. These candidates will be interviewed over the next few weeks before Moore chooses the final candidates.
The applicants to be interviewed are:
• Thomas E. Alexander--Director, Parks and Recreation; Johnson City, TN
• Wyn Birkenthal--Director, Parks, Recreation, and Facilities; Richland, WA
• Stanley G. Motley--Director, Parks, Recreation, and Conservation; Hillsborough County, Tampa, FL
• Jerry Smith--Deputy Director, Parks and Recreation; North Miami Beach, FL
• Ken Smith--Executive Director, Audubon Arkansas
• David Thompson--Executive Director, Parks and Recreation; Bartlett, TN
• Truman Tolefree--Director, Bureau of Recreation, Atlanta, GA
• Mark Webre--Interim Director, Little Rock Parks and Recreation
According to Moore, “I was pleased by the high caliber of applicants for this position. It speaks well to the past successes of Little Rock Parks and Recreation and the potential for even more accomplishments in the future. I look forward to getting the chance to interview these eight candidates over the next few weeks.” Following the initial interviews, the most qualified candidates will be brought in for a final round of interviews before the final selection is made.
The new Director of Little Rock Parks and Recreation will succeed Bryan Day, who was named Little Rock’s Assistant City Manager earlier this year.